If your party happens at home, take advantage of the opportunity to be comfortable, play in the water and throw some tasty bites on the barbeque. A few suggestions:
- Layer yourself up so you can take full advantage of your day. Start with a cute striped swimsuit (I like this one from J.Crew). And, throw on a cute (and comfortable) pair of rolled waist, wide legged, linen pants and some striped flip flops.
- And, if you're going to spend some time grilling, why not dress it up a bit? Don't we all need a "Le Chef de Barbeque" toque?
- While you're waiting for the grill to finish up, why not pass around a big bowl of GORP?!
- My kids have been running through the Banzai water sprinkler all week long. It's like a water park in your own yard with little streams of water shooting in all different directions. And, it's fun for adults and kids alike who want a mist (or a soak!) on a hot July 4th.
- Don't forget to add a few packages of sparklers to cap off your evening.