Here's how we did this simple craft, perfect for the season.
- Mix food coloring (vary amount based on intensity desired) with 1/8 cup of water and a 1/2 tablespoon of white glue.
- Blow out eggs and gently remove the top third of each egg. Rinse and dry.
- Using plastic gloves, add a few drops of your coloring mixture over the entire egg.
- Set aside and allow to dry just until tacky to the touch. Then, apply a sheet of silver leaf and rub randomly with the back of a wooden spoon. Pull off the silver leaf, leaving trace metallic pieces on the egg.
- Fill each egg halfway with potting soil.
- Add seeds and top with more soil.
- Water lightly and set on a tray lined with salt, indoors, in a bright location.
- Once seedlings form, plant the entire egg into your veggie garden.