23 July 2011
Make your own forest fairy:
1. Cut the pipe cleaner in half (again! if you started with a full size). You now have two small pipe cleaners.
2. Fold one piece of pipe cleaner in half and thread it through the wooden bead, leaving a loop at the top.
3. Push the embroidery floss through the loop creating the fairy's hair.
4. Take a small scrap of fabric, cut a hole in the middle and string onto the pipe cleaner. The fabric is now sitting below the bead. At this point you will have the hair, the head, the dress and the legs complete.
5. Using the other pipe cleaner piece, wrap around the fabric twice, simultaneously securing the dress and creating arms.
6. Add further embellishments as desired-- feathers, glitter, button shoes...
7. Take your forest fairy on a grand adventure. (And look out for ev-illlllll forest witches. We've, fortunately, not come across any yet.)
*Ev-illlllllll = evil
This post was featured on: Beneath the Rowan Tree's Playdate
Categorized: little bohemians.